is about 20K, but the 16K Rom is included, so the virtual size is ¡¡¡ only 4Kb !!!
It is inspired by Matt Wescott's JSSpeccy,
but with a different implementation, targeted
to a faster emulation. It works in modern browsers (IE != modern). My Intel Atom netbook plays at almost 100%
speed. It's totally free, based on a GPL license, so you can read and modify
the code, but referencing
Games were extracted from World of Spectrum.
The method of load is based on the TAP format. For TAP download, change the URL:
by another one:
Thanks to Andrew Owen for helping me with his suggestions. He also sent me the SE Basic Rom (he's the author).
- 16K, 48K, 128K, +2, +2A, +3, TK-90X & SE models supported.
- Kempston emulation with cursor keys and Tab.
- Cursor keys emulation with cursor keys, toggle Cursors/Kempston with F2.
- Shift to Caps shift, Ctrl to Symbol shift, Backspace, Tab to EXTEND, Esc to EDIT.
- F1 keymap help, tape browsing in the above list.
- F5 reset (normal browser refresh), F8 reset (machine) and F11 full screen.
- F6 for save gameplay. Here is the list of saved games.
- F7 toggle color/grayscale pallette.
- F9 switch scaling between bilinear and nearest neighbor. Only works on Firefox.
- Supported SNA, Z80 and TAP files: load by dragging a local file to emulator window (local TAP must execute LOAD""), save SNA with F10.
- Supported memory snapshots: save with F3 and load with F4. You can load with F4 a game
saved in another session.
- Offline support.
- Every machine has a fast and slow render version (click at upper-right corner on game list). Slow
render writes the entire screen every frame, recommended on computers with hardware accelerated
graphics card, because the speed is more stable.
- 48K and 128K (AY-8912) sound in Chrome Dev Channel and Firefox 4+. F12 to toggle sound.
There exists three derived projects: Roland (Amstrad CPC),
and jupiler (Jupiter Ace).
Update 24-Sep-2011: Now you can record games with F6 key, the list is here.
It's available here the rest of the WOS archive.
Enjoy it !!!
my email is anyone at antoniovillena.es